EDUCATORS' RIGHTS: YOUR ASSOCIATION FIGHTS TO
• Allow for educators to govern themselves through the licensing and professional practices process.
• Protect right to due process, orderly termination and organizing for all public school employees, including provisional and charter school educators.
• Strengthen and ensure enforcement of state laws prohibiting discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.
• Protect professional negotiation rights for public school employees—pre-K-12 and the Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind.
• Protect or restore employee rights to payroll deductions for organizational dues including political contributions.
• Base disciplinary actions on job-related conduct and provide for fair due process procedures.
• Prohibit individual employee contracts outside a master agreement and to maintain career status.
• Maintain the confidential nature of the bargaining and negotiated agreement meetings as these agreements are being developed.